Growing Your Business Through Mentoring
Mar. 14, 2012
8:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
QNET Member Rate: $399 + GST
Non-Member Rate: $489 + GST
An effective mentoring program is essential for human resource development in any organization. A well-constructed mentoring program can enhance recruitment and retention strategies, and positively impact staff morale. Mentors and Protégés who make the decision to participate in a mentoring program will benefit most when the mentoring relationship is mutually satisfying, and when they each have a clear understanding of their respective roles and responsibilities in the relationship. This session, intended for any manager, leader, business owner or supervisor who is interested in the topic of mentoring, will introduce you to the key elements of a successful mentoring program, and the opportunities that mentoring can provide.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Apply a proven design model to meet your organization’s needs
- Establish clear, quantifiable objectives for your program
- Create and define protégé and mentor profiles
- Brief program participants about what is expected of them
- Establish mentoring agreements between protégés and mentors
- Identify and address organizational barriers to program success
- Establish action plans to manage the mentoring relationships on an ongoing basis
Deri Latimer, B. Mgt., CSP, is an expert in possibilities for people! She is one of the top 10% of speakers globally who hold the designation of Certified Speaking Professional, the international measure of excellence in professional platform skill. Deri combines a business degree with experience from business sectors including health care, manufacturing, education, government, mining, transportation, agriculture, tourism, and professional services. Deri impacts individual and organizational performance by applying the latest research and practice in positive psychology, appreciative inquiry, emotional intelligence, and employee engagement.
This workshop is:
Presented in partnership with Industry Workforce Development, Manitoba Entrepreneurship Training and Trade