SOLD OUT! Write It Right: High Performance Business Writing
Apr. 17, 2012
This session is full. Contact the QNET office to have your name placed on a waiting list.
8:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
QNET Member Rate: $319 + GST
Non-Member Rate: $389 + GST
This fast-paced interactive one-day course will help you to use language well when you write, so that your letters, emails and reports achieve the right response from your readers.
You will learn how to:
- Use language that conveys a positive and definite impression of you and your organization.
- Structure your sentences and paragraphs coherently, so that every message you write has a logical flow.
- Identify and focus on the information your reader must have to fully understand your message and respond appropriately.
- Omit irrelevant details and remove expressions that make your communications ponderous and wordy.
- Use punctuation appropriately.
- Write abbreviations, acronyms and numbers correctly.
- Apply relevant “grammar rules” and understand how some of the traditional rules have changed in today’s business writing.
You will have opportunities to apply the techniques you learn and receive feedback from the course facilitator. You will also be able to email a real-work document you write following the course, for further evaluation by the facilitator.
Ron Blicq has been teaching business and technical communication skills for over 30 years, initially with the Royal Air Force and more recently with Red River College, where he developed the unique “Writer’s Pyramid” for organizing letters and reports. He has authored five books on the subject, published by Prentice-Hall, and has scripted six educational video programs. He presents workshops throughout North America and in Europe.
This workshop is:
This session is presented in partnership with Industry Workforce Development, Manitoba Entrepreneurship Training and Trade